What's the best way to start spoiling Mom on her day? Well, breakfast in bed of course! This easy to follow recipe will allow her to relax with her morning coffee or a glass of bubbly while you (don't) burn down the kitchen. You can even involve the kids with the cooking. She will appreciate your cooking efforts and attention to creating a nutritious well balanced breakfast. Serve this breakfast with a side of her favorite toast, pastry or potato latkes (pictured). Bon appetit!To add splendid color to this occasion, try a Rosé Sparkling Wine or Sauvignon Blanc that is perfect for this vegetarian dish (omit the bacon).
Asparagus & Goat Cheese Omelette
Makes 1 omelets *Vegetarian
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of Milk
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 3 Asparagus Spears
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 oz of Chevré Fresh Goat Cheese
- Trim the fresh asparagus into ¼ rounds, reserving the tips.
- With your pan on medium heat, add the olive oil to the pan and add the asparagus including the tips. Sautée for 23 minuets until they are soft and bright green. Remove only the tips once the asparagus is cooked.
- Scramble the eggs in a separate bowl with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan (still on medium heat) with the asparagus slices. Stir the egg into the asparagus slices to even distribute the pieces within the egg.
- Let the egg cook undisturbed for 23 minutes before flipping.
- Flip the egg and immediately reduce the heat to low. Crumble the goat cheese on top of the omelette. Flip Trick: Slide omelette onto a plate, place pan upside down over the plate, carefully flip omelette into the pan.
- After 2 minuets, fold the omelette in half or thirds (like a letter) and plate.
- Garnish the top of the omelette with the reserved sautéed asparagus tips before serving.
Pepper your own ApplewoodIngredients:
- 4 slices (+extra for the cook) of Applewood Bacon
- 12 tbsp Crushed Black Pepper Corns
- Red Pepper Flakes *optional
- 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line a small baking sheet with tin foil and place the bacon strips on the sheet.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of crushed black pepper corns and chili flakes onto the bacon. Using a spoon, press the seasonings into the bacon.
- Place the bacon into the oven for 78 minutes, until brown and crisp.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the bacon and sprinkle with the brown sugar while still on the baking sheet.
- Put the bacon back in the oven, still turned off, and leave until the sugar has caramelized. Approx 23 minutes.
Fresh Fruit SaladThis simple fruit salad can be made up to one or two days in advance. Choose your desired fruits. In this case, we used melons and grapes.Ingredients per 2 servings:
- Desired Fruit, diced and sliced
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint or Basil
- Dice your preferred fruits and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime onto the fruit and toss in the diced mint or fresh basil. Let sit before serving.