If you are looking for the perfect way to cool down this summer and have your taste buds in heaven, then look no further. This dish would pair spectacularly with Luli Arroyo Seco Sauvignon Blanc. This wine is bursting with flavors of grapefruit, ripe lemon, and lychee. It has a medium body and vibrant acidity with slight minerality.
- 2 (6 to 7 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For Creamy Cucumber-Dill Sauce
- 1 large English cucumber
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crème fraiche (French cultured cream)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut each half into thin slices and place in a colander with red onions and toss with salt. Rest for 20 minutes while some of the liquid drains from cucumber.
- In a small bowl combine crème fraiche, mustard, lemon juice, dill, garlic and black pepper.
- Pat cucumber onion mixture dry with a large wad of paper towels the add to crème fraiche mixture.
- Set aside.
- Preheat a clean grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush fillets with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets on grill and cook 4-5 minutes on first side and 2-3 minutes on the second side.
- Let salmon cool slightly then serve with a generous amount of creamy cucumbers over the top.
This recipe has been contributed by Nanette Berning-Pate, Culinary Professional.