Ready to make a dish that will save you time and keep your tummy healthy and asking for more? This flavorful bowl is vegan and packed with nutrients, fiber and protein. Perfect as an entree or as an appetizer. A zesty Sauvignon Blanc is a good companion for bringing out the nuttiness in the quinoa and compliment the tomatoes and cooked spices just right.
2 cups of cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 can of black beans
1 can corn
1 red onion chopped fine
1 red bell pepper chopped
2 large tomatoes chopped
1 medium size avocado chopped in small cubes
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 lime to squeeze before serving
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chili power
2 cloves garlic mashed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Mix cooked quinoa, brown rice, black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, tomato and cilantro together in a large glass bowl.
2. Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl. Pour over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3. Stir again before serving.
4. Add the avocado and lime juice prior to serving to prevent browning.
5. Add a few sprigs of cilantro to finish your plating. Make ahead and serve the next day!
Play around with pinto or kidney beans.
Share this post
- Tags: Appetizers, Entrees, Gluten Free, Sauvignon Blanc, Side Dish, Vegetables, Vegetarian, White Wines