In case you haven't noticed, Honeynut Squash is the new Fall sensation. Whether you first spotted the cute little baby at Trader Joe's or Blue Apron, we highly recommend this produce for your Fall dinner table. Similar to a butternut squash but smaller, this one has a sweeter and has a nuttier flavor. Pair this savory and nutty vegetable dish with a clean and crisp Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley or Pinot Noir.
Soy Garlic Roasted Honeynut Squash Recipe
- 2-3 Honeynut butternut squash, cut into 3/4-1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mirin rice wine
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup of scallions chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients besides squash and scallions. Add squash and toss to coat
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and allow the squash to marinade for 10 minutes.
On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread squash in a single layer and don't over crowd. Roast the squash for 20 minutes, flip each one individually and continue to cook for an additional 15 or until the squash is tender.
Combine in a bowl and add the scallions. Serve immediately.