This is a year round favorite in our home and it’s not too spicy. Even the kids enjoy it. Grill your steak preferably medium-rare, with a side of potatoes and drizzle this chimichurri on top of the steak or on a fresh baguette with slivers of steak. It pairs perfectly with Malbec.
- 3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, no stems
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, no stems
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon of red crushed pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of Kosher Salt to taste
- Chop all your parsley, cilantro, and garlic very fine
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Toss in the food processor for 5 seconds doing a quick pulse
- If you want to be very precise…add the following into your food processor one at a time and blend in between each. Garlic goes in 1st, then the parsley and cilantro. Next you will add in the oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt. Blending completely. Now add in your lemon juice, blend, and lastly add in your olive oil.
- Make at least one hour prior to serving and even better if you can marinate overnight or two days ahead in a canning jar at room temperature.
- Serve alongside a delicious grilled steak or barbecued tri-tip. Rip pieces of fresh baguette loaves dipping it in the chimichurri – you can also grill up Italian sausages and make sandwiches using the chimichurri as the sauce.
This recipe has been contributed by Autumn Vallecorsa of Madie's Kitchen.