This crunchy crispy and thin chicken is cooked to perfection with arugula, parmesan cheese, and lemon drizzled all over, makes for a delicious salad recipe. Paired with one of the best Sauvignon Blanc’s we’ve tasted this year from Napa Valley. This wine pairs excellent with this dish and elevates both the wine and the dish to the next level. Just like most pairings should!
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts thinly sliced , 4-6 chicken pieces, buy either thinly sliced or cut and pound chicken breasts into thinner breasts pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumb
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- Cracked pepper, optional
- Spring mix salad, optional
For the salad
- 6-8 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- 1 lemon sliced into 8 wedges
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg, Dijon mustard, garlic salt, salt and pepper and stir, then add chicken and let marinate for 1/2 an hour, or up to overnight in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap.
- On a plate combine panko bread crumbs and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a large skillet over high heat for 1 minute.
- Dredge chicken through bread crumb mixture and pat on breadcrumbs to make sure both sides are covered, then put into the heated oil in the skillet. Repeat with chicken, adding it to the skillet to fry (do not over-crowd the skillet, fry the chicken in batches if you need to.) Turn the heat down to medium-high, and cook for 3-4 minutes until a golden brown crust forms, then flip the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet and put on a napkin on a plate until all the chicken is done cooking.
- To assemble the salads, put 1 1/2 to 2 cups arugula in a bowl (you can add additional lettuce options) sprinkle 1/8-1/4 of a cup (2 generous pinches) of shaved Parmesan cheese on top of the arugula, squeeze one lemon wedge over the salad, and place one lemon wedge on the side of the plate, sprinkle of cracked pepper optional, and place one chicken breast on top and serve!
This recipe has been contributed by Autumn Vallecorsa of Madie's Kitchen.