- 8 ounces medium shell or elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Imported Swiss cheese, grated
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 10 oz cooked lobster meat
- 3/4 cup seasoned panko
- 1/4 c finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook 8 minutes and drain. Set aside
- Place milk in a microwaveable bowl and scald but do not boil.
- In a large pot melt butter then add flour and whisk until smooth over medium heat. Whisk in hot milk and cook for a few minutes until it is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Add salt to taste, pepper and nutmeg and mix. Add macaroni and lobster and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish that has been lightly buttered.
- Mix seasoned panko and grated Parmesan together and sprinkle over Macaroni and cheese mixture. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and golden brown.
This recipe has been contributed by Nanette Berning-Pate, Culinary Professional.