The official grilling season has began. Here is a delicious recipe to enjoy this summer and all the sun filled fun days that are just around the corner. We recommend pairing this with Buehler Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine is brimming with fruit aromas and flavors. With notes of plums, blackberry, and black currant. This wine is full-bodied on the palate that will pair perfectly with the Tuscan Grilled Steak. All around yum!!!
- 2 1-inch T Bone steaks, about 2 ½ pounds total
- 1/4c good quality olive oil
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 8 to 10 cloves crushed garlic depending on how garlicky you like it
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 3tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the steaks in a sealable container. Pour olive oil over all. Add lemon zest, garlic, fresh herbs and crushed pepper. Rub over both steaks and seal. Place in the refrigerator and marinate at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove steaks about 30 mins before desired grilling time.
- Preheat grill to medium heat or about 450 degrees.
- Place steaks over direct heat. Grill approximately 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Rest the steaks for 10 minutes and serve.
This recipe has been contributed by Nanette Berning-Pate, Culinary Professional.