Cold Gazpacho with Avocado and Crabmeat
Posted by Plume Ridge Bottle Shop on
With the weather heating up, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers are abundant either in your home garden or local farmer’s market. This is the perfect time to indulge in this delicious cold soup. Pair with a refreshing Rose or Chardonnay.
Ingredients for soup:
- 24 oz. large ripe red tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Serrano Chile (optional), seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. tomato juice
- 2 tsp. Sherry vinegar
- Lemon juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz. fresh lump crab meat. ( you can substitute wild caught bay shrimp if you prefer.)
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tabasco sauce if desired
- Combine all soup ingredients except the salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve ladle soup into chilled soup bowls and top with desired garnishes.
This recipe has been contributed by Nanette Berning-Pate, Culinary Professional.
Share this post
- Tags: Nanette Berning-Pate, Rose, Seafood, Soup, Vegetables, White Wine