This simple but impressive dish is excellent for entertaining or enjoying any day of the week. Very easy to prepare and oh sooooo tasty accompanied with Chateau Saint Martin de la Garrigue, Picpoul de Pinet 2021 or your favorite dry white wine from Bottle Shop.
For the Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Shallot, minced
- One 8.5 oz jar Dalmatia Fig, Orange Spread Available in Whole Foods cheese section or online (or substitute you preserves of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine, preferably the wine you with enjoy with this meal
Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Sauté shallot until just softened. Stir in jar of spread and white wine (more in necessary for desired consistency). Simmer at low heat for 5 minutes.
For the olive toping
- ½ cup Dry Cured Black Olives, pitted and finely chopped
- Four 4-5 oz. Swordfish Fillets (Other meaty fish such as halibut can be substituted.)
- Olive oil to brush on before grilling
- Lightly brush fish fillets with olive oil. Salt and pepper fillets. Place directly on the grill over low to medium heat. Cook thru turning once, approximately 4 minutes per side, depending on fillet thickness.
- Place cooked fish fillets on platter. Top with sauce and sprinkle with olive.
- Serve immediately with your vegetable of choice. If desired, a bed of couscous, rice or grain can be used under the fish.
This recipe has been contributed by Leo Coulourides, our Culinary Specialist.