Grilled Nectarine Salad with Crisped Goat Cheese
Posted by Monica Yu on
Since grilling season is still underway, throw some nectarines on the heat while you've got the coals burning. This is an excellent salad to prelude any grilled main course. This salad combines ripe fruit flavors with a touch of smoke from the grilled nectarines, combined with the creamy and crispness of the fried goat cheese. The dressing rounds out the palate with it's tangy citrus dressing. These flavors compliment wines perfectly. An aromatic Rosé or a delightful a Sparkling to pair with your salad.
- Spring Mix Lettuce
- 1 or 2 Nectarines
- Thinly sliced Red Onion to taste
- Pistachios, roasted and unsalted
- 1 oz per person of Goat Cheese
- 2-3 tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Champagne Citrus Vinegar
- Honey to taste
- Start the grill.
- Prepare the ingredients: Pit and slice the nectarine, slice the onion, beat the egg, wash the lettuce.
- When coals are hot and glowing, lay the nectarine slices on the grill directly over the flame. Cook them for two minutes on each side, then set aside.
- Slice the goat cheese into ¼ or ½ thick slices and slightly push down on each cheese patty. Place them on a plate and put in the freezer for ten minutes to firm up.
- Prepare for breading: Put the beaten egg, flour and panko bread crumbs in separate dishes.
- Dip the cheese into the flour, then the egg and last, the bread crumbs.
- In a non-stick skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once hot, fry the breaded cheeses till they are crispy golden brown then flip.
- Remove them from the heat and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Assemble the salad and make the dressing. Use 3 parts olive oil to 1 part vinegar.
- Dress the salad and serve.
Share this post
- Tags: Barbecue, Side Dish, Vegetarian